Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what's happening with your errors, track them with Sentry. Sentry is open-source error tracking that helps developers monitor and fix crashes in real time. Cut your time on error resolution from five hours to five minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code "tastytreat".
1:38 - What is a Standard Lib?
- Still experimental
- Built-in modules don't have to be downloaded because they ship with the browser
- Not exposing built-in modules globally has a lot of advantages:
- They won't consume any memory or CPU unless they're actually imported
- They don't run the risk of naming collisions with other variables defined in your code
6:47 - Key Value Storage is the first one:
8:36 - What do we want to see?
- Deep clone
- Basically all of Lodash
- URL Lib for building and parsing URLs
- Missing Array Methods
- Most of underscore JS
15:53 - International
- Currency Formatting
- Add remaining Underscore / Lodash features