In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes talk about CSS Grid Level 2 - aka subgrid.
Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what's happening with your errors, track them with Sentry. Sentry is open-source error tracking that helps developers monitor and fix crashes in real time. Cut your time on error resolution from five hours to five minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code "tastytreat".
3:27 - CSS Grid Level 2 and subgrid
- CSS subgrid will allow you to place grid-items' children along the same lines at the parent grid
5:40 - How it works - Why do we need it? What problem do we have right now?
- Create your grid as normal - you can create columns, rows, named lines, etc.
- Your grid-item will also be display grid - this is nothing new - just regular nesting of grid
- The magic comes in when you want to define the rows and or columns of the sub-item. You can inherit the parent item's grid-rows / columns by simply saying
11:19 - Browser support
- It's about a year out
- Sentry is hiring
- Grid Level 2 and Subgrid by Rachel Andrew
- Css Grid Level 2 specs
- CSS Grid Level 2: Here Comes Subgrid