Playing: 108: Potluck - Where to start with JS × Freelancing × Cron jobs × Split testing × Frameworks in 2019 × More
Potluck - $100/hr × Redux Replacements × Full Stack Designers × JWT × VS Code Tips × More
Potluck - Editor Fonts × Portfolios × Meetup Tips × Switching to Windows × Freelancing Sources
Potluck EP × Remote Work × Headless WordPress × Good Client Questions × Alternate Careers × React API Credentials
Potluck EP × Is Redux Dead × Learning Quickly × Developing Solo × Specialist vs Generalist × Funnest Projects × Wes’ BBQ Course
Potluck EP × Vue.js × Headless WP × Typescript & Flow × Productivity × Server Side Rendering × Yeoman
Wes and Scott's Lives - Breakdancing, BBQ, Wives, Work/Life Balance, Problem Solving, YouTube Subscriptions
Snack Pack — CSS Frameworks, React HOC, Render Props, Coding Designers, Early Career Advice and a sound board!
Hosting & Servers — Heroku, Now, Galaxy, Digital Ocean, Linode, Docker, Netlify and more!
Jan 10th, 2019
Potluck - Where to start with JS × Freelancing × Cron jobs × Split testing × Frameworks in 2019 × More👇 Download Show✏️ Edit Show Notes
It's another potluck episode in which Wes and Scott answer your questions! This month - thoughts on frameworks for 2019, React Native, when should you start freelancing, where to start with JS, cron jobs, split testing and more!
DevLifts — Sponsor
DevLifts - Thad and JC are on a mission to make web developers healthy. They're currently offering two options: The first is Fit.Start - perfect for beginners or those looking to get back at it. Use the coupon code "syntax" to get 50% off the fit.start plan. The second is DevLifts Premium - for those looking for a laser-focused approach and maximum accountability. Use the coupon code "tasty" to get 50% off the premium plan. Check it out today! Just for January their eight-week plan is back. Use the coupon code "newyear19" to get $50 off.
Kyle Prinsloo's Freelancing & Beyond — Sponsor
Kyle Prinsloo teaches you everything you need to know about freelancing, including how to quit your job, earn a side-income and start taking control of your life. Check it out at https://studywebdevelopment.com/freelancing and use the coupon code "syntax" at checkout to get 25% off.
- Where is the best place to start with JS coming from WordPress?
- How do you set up cron jobs? What are the best tools to use, should they run on their own server or on the application server, etc.?
- What new skills, frameworks, projects are you look forward to learning in 2019?
- Do you use any software for tracking analytics on your site and do you ever use this data to run split tests? If so, what is your preferred method for running split tests?
- What's your best tip for young coders to stay productive and not lose time?
- I'm 17 and learning web dev. I'm pretty concerned about my skills and feeling some impostor syndrome. Is it ok to start freelancing?
- What is React Native? How do people tend to use it? If you want a native and web app, do they share code?
- Dead Man's Snitch
- Syntax106: A Look Forward to 2019