In this supper club episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk with Adam Cowley about how Neo4j Database can help when working with data for your next app.
Gatsby - Sponsor
Today’s episode was sponsored by Gatsby, the fastest frontend for the headless web. Gatsby is the framework of choice for content-rich sites backed by a headless CMS as its GraphQL data layer makes it straightforward to source website content from anywhere. Gatsby’s opinionated, React-based framework makes the hardest parts of building a performant website simpler. Visit gatsby.dev/syntax to get your first Gatsby site up in minutes and experience the speed. ⚡️
Lightstep Incident Response - Sponsor
Streamline on-call, collaboration, incident management, and automation with a free 30-day trial of Lightstep Incident Response, built on ServiceNow. Usage-based pricing on active services promotes collaboration across your entire team to build a culture of service ownership. Listeners of Syntax will also receive a free Lightstep Incident Response T-shirt after firing an alert or incident.
Pay for the services you use, not the number of people on your team with Lightstep Incident Response, built on ServiceNow. Streamline on-call, collaboration, incident management, and automation with a free 30-day trial. Fire an alert or incident today and receive a free Lightstep Incident Response t-shirt.
- 00:15 Welcome
- 01:17 Guest introduction
- 03:08 Browser innovation and testing
- 04:54 What is a graph database?
- Neo4j Cypher
- Sanity Groq
- 08:04 Is there a specific type of data that works best in a graph database?
- 11:50 Sponsor: Lightstep Incident Response
- 13:07 What's AuraDB vs Neo4js?
- 14:54 Whiteboard friendly data model
- 19:45 How are GraphQL and graph related?
- 23:01 Can you sync with MongoDB?
- 24:34 How do you pull data into a div on the web?
- 29:12 Why are you used for data science a lot?
- Neo4j Desktop
- Neo4j Cloud
- 30:35 Sponsor: Gatsby
- 31:44 Is visualization an important part of Neo4js?
- Neo4j Bloom
- 35:54 Do you have to think about indexing with graph databases?
- 39:36 Are there uses Neo4j isn't as good for?
- 40:15 Do you have to cache queries?
- 41:19 Dessert questions
- Intellijet Idea
- Cobalt 2 Theme
- 50:29 Shameless Plug
- 54:38 ××× SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××