In this potluck episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott answer your questions about working on a team, dealing with imposter syndrome, animating on the web, using the table element, landing pages for apps, and building full stack apps with NextJS.
Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what’s happening with your code, track errors and monitor performance with Sentry. Sentry’s Application Monitoring platform helps developers see performance issues, fix errors faster, and optimize their code health. Cut your time on error resolution from hours to minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners new to Sentry can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code TASTYTREAT during sign up.
Sanity - Sponsor
Sanity.io is a real-time headless CMS with a fully customizable Content Studio built in React. Get a Sanity powered site up and running in minutes at sanity.io/create. Get an awesome supercharged free developer plan on sanity.io/syntax.
Freshbooks - Sponsor
Get a 30 day free trial of Freshbooks at freshbooks.com/syntax.
- 00:10 Welcome
- 01:05 The mustard bandit podcast
- 02:54 How can Developers work with designers and Product managers seamlessly?
- 06:37 How do I deal with imposter syndrome?
- 10:46 Any good coffee shops in Denver?
- 17 of Denver’s Best Coffee Shops
- 11:38 Do you use Table element or CSS Grid for tabular data?
- 13:18 How do you manage animations without a library?
- 17:05 Sponsor: Sentry
- 18:01 What do you use for icon libraries?
- Font Awesome Icons
- React Icons
- Flat Icons
- 25:10 How do you unregister the service worker to clear site data?
- Syntax 346 - Selling T Shirts
- 29:15 Sponsor: Sanity.io
- 30:47 Since NextJS has API routes, could you build a full-stack application using just NextJS?
- 35:41 Do you keep your landing pages and home pages seperate from your app?
- 37:35 Where's the line for moving something hosted on a developer server to moving it to production?
- 41:44 How do you deal with ignorant or demanding clients?
- 45:54 As a JS/TS developer, which other language should I learn to compliment my skills?
- 50:58 Sponsor: Freshbooks
- 51:49 ××× SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××
- 58:41 Shameless Plugs