In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes talk about communication — why it's important, how to improve, building good habits, tools and more!
Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what's happening with your errors, track them with Sentry. Sentry is open-source error tracking that helps developers monitor and fix crashes in real time. Cut your time on error resolution from five hours to five minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code "tastytreat".
3:59 - Why it's important
- Projects can live or die by the team's communication
- Project timelines can be disrupted leading to big problems with scheduling
5:53 - How to improve communication skills
- Pay attention to what works
- Have a system – standups, weekly meetings, etc.
- Over communicating can be annoying but effective
- Realize that people can't read your mind, so having your intentions and timelines public and known is important
9:12 - Building good habits
- Need to practice
- Build systems to support new habits
11:04 - Tools we use to communicate