Scott and Wes Chat about burnout!
This is episode Wes mentions the free book Breaking The Time Barrier. Get a 30 day free trial of Freshbooks at freshbooks.com/syntax.
Developers, software engineers, designers, and web performance professionals flock to Fluent in pursuit of a common goal: building a better web. That means delivering fast, secure, accessible experiences to users and customers.
Fluent covers a broad range of technologies and topics to provide web programming professionals with the skills, connections, and inspiration needed to build better online and mobile experiences.
Fluent is this June 11-14 in San Jose, CA. Save 20% today with code: SYNTAX
- What is burnout?
- Losing Enthusiasm for web development
- That Hustle
- Why is being burnt out bad?
- Putting off hobbies
- How do you prevent burnout?
- Farming out Work
- Automating content
- Busy work
- Aggressively turn down meetings
- Work to cut out busy work
- Locus on Control
- Managing Email and Notifications
- Scrubbing Plates
- Health and Nutrition
- What to do when you just don't like the work you are working on
- Small Wins
- Learning new Things
- Getting a new job
- Taking Courses
- Keeping Up With The Codeashians
- Being overworked at work
- So you've burnt out, what do you do?
- How do you reignite the spark?
- Taking a day off
- Delegating GitHub
- Online chat with other developers