In this episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk about the tech stack they used to create the Syntax giveaway site for the Sentry + Syntax announcement week. What were the features of the site, how'd they generate proper codes, and how'd they stop developers from hacking the system?
- 00:07 How to do a giveaway and distribute it?
- 04:26 Building in the spirit of Syntax
- 05:44 The tech stack
- SvelteKit • Web development, streamlined
- Prisma | Next-generation ORM for Node.js & TypeScript
- Syntax × Sentry MMXXIII | Product Blog • Sentry
- PlanetScale: The world’s most advanced database platform
- My Places - Google My Maps
- sveltekit-basic-auth/hooks.server.ts at main · ghostdevv/sveltekit-basic-auth
- Voucherify: Free Random Codes Generator
- 09:48 Hosted on Vercel
- 13:04 What are the features of the site?
- 19:10 Generating the codes properly
- 26:48 Releasing locked coupon codes
- 29:13 Client to server side connections
- 32:56 Stopping developers from gaming the giveaway
- 46:29 SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××