In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes talk about their thoughts on the different types of tech jobs you can get, and the pros and cons of each style of job in tech.
Lightstep Incident Response - Sponsor
Streamline on-call, collaboration, incident management, and automation with a free 30-day trial of Lightstep Incident Response, built on ServiceNow. Usage-based pricing on active services promotes collaboration across your entire team to build a culture of service ownership. Listeners of Syntax will also receive a free Lightstep Incident Response T-shirt after firing an alert or incident.
Pay for the services you use, not the number of people on your team with Lightstep Incident Response, built on ServiceNow. Streamline on-call, collaboration, incident management, and automation with a free 30-day trial. Fire an alert or incident today and receive a free Lightstep Incident Response t-shirt.
Freshbooks - Sponsor
Get a 30 day free trial of Freshbooks at freshbooks.com/syntax
LogRocket - Sponsor
LogRocket lets you replay what users do on your site, helping you reproduce bugs and fix issues faster. It's an exception tracker, a session re-player and a performance monitor. Get 14 days free at logrocket.com/syntax.
- 00:10 Welcome
- 01:47 The types of jobs
- Wes’ tweet about developer jobs
- 03:02 Our experiences
- 05:58 Tech company
- 09:46 Freelancer or Entrepreneur
- 11:14 What are the pros of working at a agency?
- 18:38 Cons to agency life
- 26:19 Sponsor: Lightstep Incident Response
- 27:49 Pros of tech company jobs
- 30:47 Cons of working at tech companies
- 37:46 Sponsor: Freshbooks
- 38:51 Pros of in house tech jobs
- 46:01 Cons of tech work
- 51:29 Sponsor: LogRocket
- 52:28 Pros of freelance or entrepreneur
- 57:20 Cons of entrepreneur life
- 00:03 SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××