In this episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk about the new viewport units coming to the web - what are they and when can we use them?
LogRocket - Sponsor
LogRocket lets you replay what users do on your site, helping you reproduce bugs and fix issues faster. It's an exception tracker, a session re-player and a performance monitor. Get 14 days free at logrocket.com/syntax.
Sanity.io - Sponsor
Sanity.io is a real-time headless CMS with a fully customizable Content Studio built in React. Get a Sanity powered site up and running in minutes at sanity.io/create. Get an awesome supercharged free developer plan on sanity.io/syntax.
- 00:25 Welcome
- 01:14 Sponsor: LogRocket
- 02:24 Sponsor: Sanity
- 04:19 What are viewport units?
- The Large and small and dynamic viewports
- 05:22 What are the new viewport units?
- Large small and dyanmic viewports
- 07:57 What's small and large?
- 11:52 How do viewport units help developers?
- 12:39 What about the keyboard on mobile?
- 16:37 When can we start using new viewport units?