In this supper club episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk with Jared Palmer about Turborepo, how it fits in your tech stack, and what it was like being acquired by Vercel.
Whiskey Web and Whatnot - Sponsor
Whiskey Web and Whatnot is different than your typical dev podcast. We show a lighter, more human side of developers you know and love, like a fireside chat with your favorite devs. Past guests include Tom Preston-Werner, Kent C. Dodds, Charlie Gerard, and of course Wes Bos! We have discussed everything from Next.js and TypeScript to Chuck’s past life as a blackjack dealer, Cincinnati Chili, the best casseroles, and of course whiskey!
- 00:35 Welcome
- Jared Palmer
- 02:15 What is Turborepo?
- 03:27 Where does Turborepo fit in your stack?
- 06:04 What are Google, Meta, or Twitter doing?
- 15:35 Sponsor: Whiskey, Web and Whatnot
- 16:45 What's the cost of adding Turborepo to a project?
- 21:19 Changing based on environmental variables
- 23:18 Does this replace how you define your workplace?
- 24:08 How do you share the cache?
- 25:25 What don't you cache?
- 27:35 What about Gatsby images?
- 28:44 Can Turborepo help with re-running compiles?
- 36:54 Supper Rapid Fire Questions
- Oceanic Next
- GitHub Dark
- 52:47 Selling Turborepo to Vercel
- 55:49 Shameless Plugs