In this episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott answer your questions about multi tenant apps, JS sprinkles, kids coding, server error handling, and more.
Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what’s happening with your code, track errors and monitor performance with Sentry. Sentry’s Application Monitoring platform helps developers see performance issues, fix errors faster, and optimize their code health. Cut your time on error resolution from hours to minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners new to Sentry can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code TASTYTREAT during sign up.
Sanity - Sponsor
Sanity.io is a real-time headless CMS with a fully customizable Content Studio built in React. Get a Sanity powered site up and running in minutes at sanity.io/create. Get an awesome supercharged free developer plan on sanity.io/syntax.
Freshbooks - Sponsor
Get a 30 day free trial of Freshbooks at freshbooks.com/syntax
- 00:26 Welcome
- 01:01 Buying a new car
- Hyundai Ioniq 5
- 08:20 What would you recommend old-school jQuery folks, external agency vendors, and modern devs that want to work together?
- 11:59 Are React dumb/presentational components only possible at the leaf components of an application?
- 15:35 How old should a kid be to learn programming?
- 20:28 Sponsor: Sentry
- 21:34 Without pointing me to a paid error program like sentry, how do you guys manage this rabbit hole?
- 27:05 How do you judge how much server you need?
- MongoDB Atlas
- Google Pagespeed
- 35:17 How do you diagnose slowdowns and bad user experience?
- 41:31 Sponsor: Sanity
- 43:13 Do you default export your React components when using TypeScript?
- 47:42 Besides web sockets or polling at a predefined interval and refreshing the page to fetch new data, can you think of any Next-specific solutions or recommend any packages that could help make this relatively simple?
- 52:13 We should look into 'tunneling'.
- 56:42 How do I build a multi-tenant app?
- Caddy Server
- Vercel offers this via a middleware
- Cloudflare SSL for SaaS
- 00:56 Sponsor: Freshbooks
- 01:34 SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS