In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes talk about Scott's new website!
Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what's happening with your errors, track them with Sentry. Sentry is open-source error tracking that helps developers monitor and fix crashes in real time. Cut your time on error resolution from five hours to five minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code "tastytreat".
02:25 - Relaxed fit development
- Not concerned with it being perfect
- Will act as a loose digital garden, so it needs to be flexible
- Keep my talks and podcast appearances somewhere
04:40 - The stack
- Svelte / Sapper
- CSS variables
- Static generation with markdown
- No API
- Hosted on Netlify
08:15 - Why?
- I dropped that db life in 2015 and never looked back
- I'm a developer - markdown is good for me
- I like a playground for ideas, so the new site throws out any idea of formality and dives into being a playground for myself.
- Full page animations. Orchestration. Fully SSG.
- Code is painless to add to — adding a blog post is as easy as creating a markdown file