In this episode, Scott and Wes talk about how they make courses — recording, editing, hosting, best practices, and more!
LogRocket - Sponsor
LogRocket lets you replay what users do on your site, helping you reproduce bugs and fix issues faster. It's an exception tracker, a session re-player and a performance monitor. Get 14 days free at logrocket.com/syntax.
Freshbooks - Sponsor
Get a 30 day free trial of Freshbooks at freshbooks.com/syntax and put SYNTAX in the "How did you hear about us?" section.
5:42 - Recording
33:04 - Editing
- Speed up slow typing
- Edit out some goof-ups (but not all)
- Edit immediately after recording so I'm in the same headspace and can easily re-record
- Hire a video editor
- Cut out all blank spaces in audio, because I know that pauses are typically where I stop to think
- Normalize audio
- DaVinci Resolve 16
42:31 - Hosting
52:46 - Common Questions
- Syntax 014: Our Stacks Explained
- Adobe Premier Pro
- VS Code
- Audio-Technica AT2020
- Blue Bluebird
- Tim Smith - Video Editing
××× SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××
- Scott: LevelUpTutorials Pro - Advanced Gatsby & Shopify - Sign up for the year and save 25%!
- Wes: All Courses - Use the coupon code 'Syntax' for $10 off!