Playing: 077: Hasty Treat - Positivity and Web Development
Potluck - Editor Fonts × Portfolios × Meetup Tips × Switching to Windows × Freelancing Sources
Potluck EP × Remote Work × Headless WordPress × Good Client Questions × Alternate Careers × React API Credentials
Potluck EP × Is Redux Dead × Learning Quickly × Developing Solo × Specialist vs Generalist × Funnest Projects × Wes’ BBQ Course
Potluck EP × Vue.js × Headless WP × Typescript & Flow × Productivity × Server Side Rendering × Yeoman
Wes and Scott's Lives - Breakdancing, BBQ, Wives, Work/Life Balance, Problem Solving, YouTube Subscriptions
Snack Pack — CSS Frameworks, React HOC, Render Props, Coding Designers, Early Career Advice and a sound board!
Hosting & Servers — Heroku, Now, Galaxy, Digital Ocean, Linode, Docker, Netlify and more!
Sep 24th, 2018
Hasty Treat - Positivity and Web Development👇 Download Show✏️ Edit Show Notes
In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes talk about positivity in the web industry - how it can affect you, your work, and the people around you.
NativeScript - Sponsor
The tech industry is always on the cutting edge and we’re starting to see a shift in how we deal with positivity and negativity.
3:18 - The effects of negativity and how the web industry is improving
- Mental health awareness is very real
- Stack overflow sees that it needs to change
- Linus Torvalds' apology
- Negativity is a disease, and it spreads
- Positivity is a force as well
- You can be constructive while still being nice
- Dan Abramov, Addy Osmani, Sarah Drasner are all amazing examples of people pushing the web forward while having a smile on their face
11:50 - Healthy ways to approach disagreements
- Never assume malice
- Kill them with kindness
- Take note of the people you admire and how they deal with aggressiveness
17:08 - The power of positivity
- Inspire the change you want to see
- It's good for your productivity - it makes you feel good