In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes discuss how they create courses, design and build curriculum, as well as insights and best practices for content creation.
Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what's happening with your errors, track them with Sentry. Sentry is open-source error tracking that helps developers monitor and fix crashes in real time. Cut your time on error resolution from five hours to five minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code "tastytreat".
4:32 - Wes' process
- Figure out what to make
- Build the thing you're teaching in the course
- Have it reviewed by experts
- Simplify and create a linear flow for what you're teaching
16:25 - Scott's process
- Chose a topic
- Build the thing
- Create the outline as you go
- Have goals in mind, for individual topics
- Record with final code open
28:25 - How to get started