It's another potluck episode in which Wes and Scott answer your questions about freelancing, portfolios, code editors, meetup tips, switching to windows and more!
Get a 30 day free trial of Freshbooks at freshbooks.com/syntax and put SYNTAX in the "How did you hear about us?" section.
- Question: Maaz Syed Adeeb - Are editor fonts worth the investment (if yes, why)? Why are they such a big deal in the first place?
- Operator Mono
- Dank Mono
- Fira Code
- Question: Ste O'Neill - How can I come up with ideas for projects? What can I put in a portfolio when I work for an agency?
- Question: Diane - Why is Git so hard to grasp in team projects? What are the best resources to master it?
- Try Github
- Question: Grant Chambers - What are some tips for going to your first meetup?
- React Meetups
- Question: Would you recommend using Upwork for starting out freelancing or something similar?
- Question: Mike C. - What do you guys think about sites like Codewars and Code Fights? Being new to web development, I find the problems hard to solve. Is it important to know how to solve all these problems? If so, how do I get better at developing the mindset to solve them?
- Level Up Tutorials
- Question: When I work on a website, I need to record user names, passwords, URLs, keys, logins, cPanel, WordPress, ftp, MySQL for each and every website, local and remote.
Currently, I use a text file to save all that information. How are you storing all this info? How others do it? How the pros are managing this? Pros and cons?
- SSH Key
××× SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××