Playing: 049: Potluck EP × SSR × SEO × Tips for Students × Music × Security × GraphQL
Potluck - Deploying Applications × Typescript × Live Coding with Twitch × Fullstack Architecture × More!
Potluck - What is "State"? × Web Sockets × Remote Working × Firefox × Machines Taking Our Jobs × More!
Potluck - CSS × Angular × Dev job preparation × Svelte × File organization × Gear × More!
Potluck - Media Queries × NPM Vulnerabilities × Fullstack JS vs JAMstack × Web VR/AR × Switching Jobs × More!
Potluck - Interview Qs × Headless CMS × React Hooks × Resume Design × Redux vs Context × More!
How We Manage Our Lives — Notion, Todos, Notes, Focusing, Calendars, Goal tracking, and more!
Potluck - Changing careers × Repo organization × CSS Grid × Certifications × Freelancing × Spammers × More
Potluck - Where to start with JS × Freelancing × Cron jobs × Split testing × Frameworks in 2019 × More
Potluck - $100/hr × Redux Replacements × Full Stack Designers × JWT × VS Code Tips × More
Potluck - Editor Fonts × Portfolios × Meetup Tips × Switching to Windows × Freelancing Sources
Potluck EP × Remote Work × Headless WordPress × Good Client Questions × Alternate Careers × React API Credentials
Potluck EP × Is Redux Dead × Learning Quickly × Developing Solo × Specialist vs Generalist × Funnest Projects × Wes’ BBQ Course
Potluck EP × Vue.js × Headless WP × Typescript & Flow × Productivity × Server Side Rendering × Yeoman
Wes and Scott's Lives - Breakdancing, BBQ, Wives, Work/Life Balance, Problem Solving, YouTube Subscriptions
Snack Pack — CSS Frameworks, React HOC, Render Props, Coding Designers, Early Career Advice and a sound board!
Hosting & Servers — Heroku, Now, Galaxy, Digital Ocean, Linode, Docker, Netlify and more!
Jun 6th, 2018
Potluck EP × SSR × SEO × Tips for Students × Music × Security × GraphQL👇 Download Show✏️ Edit Show Notes
It's a Potluck episode - you bring the questions and we turn them into tasty treats.
Freshbooks - Sponsor
Get a 30 day free trial of Freshbooks at freshbooks.com/syntax and put SYNTAX in the "How did you hear about us?" section.
CoffeeCup's CSS Grid Builder Tool
Check out Coffeecup's CSS Grid.cc builder tool and resources to learn, prototype and build next gen layouts with CSS Grid!
- How do you stay motivated if you don't like your current project?
- What's your favorite music to work to?
- In what order should developers learn tools related to GraphQL?
- As a JS developer, is it a good idea to learn other languages like PHP or Python?
- As a CS undergrad, what can you do in terms of programming that could be a great benefit after graduation?
- Should you be concerned about SEO when using JS frameworks like React?
- How can you build your network when you're too tired or busy to go to a bunch of meetups?
- How do you come up with such good designs and UI for your courses?
- As more websites move to secure connections, where can a noob learn the basics of https, SSL certificates, how to deploy a secure website, etc.?
- Have you had experience working for large companies and how does it compare to smaller companies and/or freelancing?
- What are other programming podcasts you listen to?
Want to submit a question for our next potluck episode? Check out our tasty Listener Questions form.