Potluck - Editor Fonts × Portfolios × Meetup Tips × Switching to Windows × Freelancing Sources
Potluck EP × Remote Work × Headless WordPress × Good Client Questions × Alternate Careers × React API Credentials
Potluck EP × Is Redux Dead × Learning Quickly × Developing Solo × Specialist vs Generalist × Funnest Projects × Wes’ BBQ Course
Potluck EP × Vue.js × Headless WP × Typescript & Flow × Productivity × Server Side Rendering × Yeoman
Wes and Scott's Lives - Breakdancing, BBQ, Wives, Work/Life Balance, Problem Solving, YouTube Subscriptions
Snack Pack — CSS Frameworks, React HOC, Render Props, Coding Designers, Early Career Advice and a sound board!
Hosting & Servers — Heroku, Now, Galaxy, Digital Ocean, Linode, Docker, Netlify and more!
Apr 25th, 2018
Freshbooks - Sponsor
Netlify — Sponsor
Netlify is the best way to deploy and host a front-end website. All the features developers need right out of the box: Global CDN, Continuous Deployment, one click HTTPS and more. Hit up netlify.com/syntax for more info.
They are also hiring! netlify.com/careers
For the docs for all these, just google
mdn and the method you are looking for 😃
- Why are these great?
- They are chainable
- Truthy or Falsy
- .reduce() - returns any shape! filter, create a new shape, add up numbers...
- Side effects
- can be used as a short circuit forEach
- .includes() (why not contains?)
- Array.from() takes a secondary map arg
- Array spread - converts iterable to array
- Array spread - Concats arrays
- Array Spread + Slice. Don't splice - remove an item from an array.
- Object Spread
- Function Rest
- Object.assign() - no longer needed because you can object spread
Scott: Tea Haus
- Wes: SOG Folding Knife
- Wes: Sharpening Stone