Playing: 032: Designing, Templating, Inlining and Sending Email.
How We Manage Our Lives — Notion, Todos, Notes, Focusing, Calendars, Goal tracking, and more!
Potluck - Changing careers × Repo organization × CSS Grid × Certifications × Freelancing × Spammers × More
Potluck - Where to start with JS × Freelancing × Cron jobs × Split testing × Frameworks in 2019 × More
Potluck - $100/hr × Redux Replacements × Full Stack Designers × JWT × VS Code Tips × More
Potluck - Editor Fonts × Portfolios × Meetup Tips × Switching to Windows × Freelancing Sources
Potluck EP × Remote Work × Headless WordPress × Good Client Questions × Alternate Careers × React API Credentials
Potluck EP × Is Redux Dead × Learning Quickly × Developing Solo × Specialist vs Generalist × Funnest Projects × Wes’ BBQ Course
Potluck EP × Vue.js × Headless WP × Typescript & Flow × Productivity × Server Side Rendering × Yeoman
Wes and Scott's Lives - Breakdancing, BBQ, Wives, Work/Life Balance, Problem Solving, YouTube Subscriptions
Snack Pack — CSS Frameworks, React HOC, Render Props, Coding Designers, Early Career Advice and a sound board!
Hosting & Servers — Heroku, Now, Galaxy, Digital Ocean, Linode, Docker, Netlify and more!
Feb 14th, 2018
Designing, Templating, Inlining and Sending Email.👇 Download Show✏️ Edit Show Notes
In this show, Scott and Wes talk about about sending both transactional and marketing email. Everything from designing to templating to inlining the CSS to getting it sent. Enjoy!
Freshbooks - Sponsor
If you are a small business or freelancer check out Freshbooks.com Cloud Accounting and get 30 days free. Make sure to enter SYNTAX into the "How did you hear about us" section.
Xojo — Sponsor
Xojo is a cross-platform development tool for creating native apps for desktop, mobile, web and Raspberry Pi.
With Xojo you really can write just one version of your app, say, on the Mac, click a button, and have a completely native Windows version too.
Xojo lets you abstract yourself from specific platform details, so you can focus on what makes your app unique. All apps have completely native controls, even if they weren’t developed on that platform. Just use drag and drop to create your user interface, and one language to program the functionality.
Users also include Fortune 500 companies, citizen developers, professional developers, IT, hobbyists and students - anyone who wants to build apps faster.
Listeners of this show get 20% off with the coupon code SYNTAX over at xojo.com/syntax
- An update on GraphCool, Prisma and Yoga
- You can win a free course from either Scott or Wes by screenshotting yourself listening to the podcast and uploading to Twitter or Instagram.
- We will pick 1 winner from Twitter and 1 winner from Instagram
- Make sure to tag @wesbos and @stolinski on Twitter and @wesbos and @stolinski on Instagram
- Email ain't easy!
- How do Scott and Wes use email in their apps and businesses?
- Transactional vs Marketing Email
- Dealing with multiple emails and modifier
- Signing in with Facebook vs Email?!
- Transactional Email
- The Process to creating single one-off email
- Scott's Setup:
- Meteor Email Docs
- Pug Templating - the artist formerly known as Jade
- Juice CSS Inliner
- Foundation for Emails
- Designing Emails
- CSS is very limited
- MJML React Email Templating
- Tony from Twitter also told me about HEML
- Scott: Personal Capital
- Wes: Nothing is Sick this week