Playing: 030: Snack Pack — CSS Frameworks, React HOC, Render Props, Coding Designers, Early Career Advice and a sound board!
Potluck - Editor Fonts × Portfolios × Meetup Tips × Switching to Windows × Freelancing Sources
Potluck EP × Remote Work × Headless WordPress × Good Client Questions × Alternate Careers × React API Credentials
Potluck EP × Is Redux Dead × Learning Quickly × Developing Solo × Specialist vs Generalist × Funnest Projects × Wes’ BBQ Course
Potluck EP × Vue.js × Headless WP × Typescript & Flow × Productivity × Server Side Rendering × Yeoman
Wes and Scott's Lives - Breakdancing, BBQ, Wives, Work/Life Balance, Problem Solving, YouTube Subscriptions
Hosting & Servers — Heroku, Now, Galaxy, Digital Ocean, Linode, Docker, Netlify and more!
Jan 31st, 2018
Snack Pack — CSS Frameworks, React HOC, Render Props, Coding Designers, Early Career Advice and a sound board!👇 Download Show✏️ Edit Show Notes
Dev Lifts - Sponsor
Dev Lifts - Thad and JC are on a mission to make web developers healthy. Get a Personal Training and Nutrition Plan — use the code SYNTAX for $75 off. They have also just announced their slack-only memberships for $5/month
Freshbooks - Sponsor
If you are a small business or freelancer check out Freshbooks.com Cloud Accounting and get 30 days free. Make sure to enter SYNTAX into the "How did you hear about us" section.
- Skateboarding on a TRAMPOLINE?!
- Q: What are your favourite features coming to HTML 5.2
- Dialog Box
- Multiple Main Tags
- Thanks Jordan!
- Q: How do you retain all the info you learn like a sponge?
- Thanks Ozan
- What are your favourite CSS Libraries / Frameworks?
- Thanks Blake!
- What were some of the struggles you had early on in your career? How did you overcome them?
- Learning how to read error logs and messages
- Dealing with Impatience
- Coding is very frustrating
- What are High Order Components and Render Props?
- High Order Components
- React Render Props
- Video: Michael Jackson - Never Write Another HoC
- React Downshift
- React Reconciliation
- Q: When should you just drop the towel on code?
- When should you throw in the towel on code?
- Scrapping a codebase and moving from PHP to JS
- Let's talk about if it's worth it
- Q: What is the best way for a JS beginner to get their hands dirty?
- Don't work on apps, work on pieces!
- How do you recommend a designer falling in love with frontend dev sharpen their skills while being (happily) committed to a full time design position?
- Should designers code?
- Scott: It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want to Be
- Scott: Whatever You Think, Think the Opposite
- Wes: Tony Robins Podcast
- Wes: The Kevin Rose Show