Failure. How do you deal with it? How to learn from it? How do you know when you should give up vs keep pushing?
Snipcart allows you to create online shopping carts without any backend work. It's entirely client-side which means it's the perfect fit for anyone building a SPA in React, Angular or any other framework. Check out the full list of features over at Snipcart.com/syntax and sign up for three months free!
DevLifts is how I (Wes) got in shape. After an indepth consultation about your goals, They will create you a personal training and nutrition plan. If you are looking to get in shape in 2018, now is the time to sign up. Use the code SYNTAX for an extra $50 off.
The Show Notes!
- Scott and Wes shoot the shit
- Wes is back from the DotJS conference
- Wes does a terrible (and hopefully not offensive) French Accent
- What's the deal with the #FailFast culture
- We talk about Fear of Failure and how it can stop you from starting anything at all
- High Stakes vs Low Stakes Failure
- Be aware of how fear of failure manifests itself in your work
- Just do it, put in the work
- Pen to Paper
- How to deal with mid-project failure
- Getting sick of a project part way through
- Finishing Things is such an underrated skill
- Small wins is key for confidence
- Take the emotion out of the decisions
- MVP - Minimum Viable Product
- Do you plan for failure?
- Wes' Life is Course Correction
- Wes is Unapologetically Confident
- Scott is Ignorantly Confident
- Another one of Scott's amazing segueways into our Sponsor
- Wes' Facebook Ads Failures
- The cost of admission
- Own your role in something failing
- Eating burnt rice is a huge character trait