Failure. How do you deal with it? How to learn from it? How do you know when you should give up vs keep pushing?
Snipcart — Sponsor
Snipcart allows you to create online shopping carts without any backend work. It's entirely client-side which means it's the perfect fit for anyone building a SPA in React, Angular or any other framework. Check out the full list of features over at Snipcart.com/syntax and sign up for three months free!
Get In Shape with DevLifts — Sponsor
DevLifts is how I (Wes) got in shape. After an indepth consultation about your goals, They will create you a personal training and nutrition plan. If you are looking to get in shape in 2018, now is the time to sign up. Use the code SYNTAX for an extra $50 off.
The Show Notes!
- Scott and Wes shoot the shit
- Wes is back from the DotJS conference
- Wes does a terrible (and hopefully not offensive) French Accent
- What's the deal with the #FailFast culture
- We talk about Fear of Failure and how it can stop you from starting anything at all
- High Stakes vs Low Stakes Failure
- Be aware of how fear of failure manifests itself in your work
- Just do it, put in the work
- Pen to Paper
- How to deal with mid-project failure
- Getting sick of a project part way through
- Finishing Things is such an underrated skill
- Small wins is key for confidence
- Take the emotion out of the decisions
- MVP - Minimum Viable Product
- Do you plan for failure?
- Wes' Life is Course Correction
- Wes is Unapologetically Confident
- Scott is Ignorantly Confident
- Another one of Scott's amazing segueways into our Sponsor
- Wes' Facebook Ads Failures
- The cost of admission
- Own your role in something failing
- Eating burnt rice is a huge character trait