Playing: 020: Fitness, Nutrition, and Losing Weight
Potluck - Deploying Applications × Typescript × Live Coding with Twitch × Fullstack Architecture × More!
Potluck - What is "State"? × Web Sockets × Remote Working × Firefox × Machines Taking Our Jobs × More!
Potluck - CSS × Angular × Dev job preparation × Svelte × File organization × Gear × More!
Potluck - Media Queries × NPM Vulnerabilities × Fullstack JS vs JAMstack × Web VR/AR × Switching Jobs × More!
Potluck - Interview Qs × Headless CMS × React Hooks × Resume Design × Redux vs Context × More!
How We Manage Our Lives — Notion, Todos, Notes, Focusing, Calendars, Goal tracking, and more!
Potluck - Changing careers × Repo organization × CSS Grid × Certifications × Freelancing × Spammers × More
Potluck - Where to start with JS × Freelancing × Cron jobs × Split testing × Frameworks in 2019 × More
Potluck - $100/hr × Redux Replacements × Full Stack Designers × JWT × VS Code Tips × More
Potluck - Editor Fonts × Portfolios × Meetup Tips × Switching to Windows × Freelancing Sources
Potluck EP × Remote Work × Headless WordPress × Good Client Questions × Alternate Careers × React API Credentials
Potluck EP × Is Redux Dead × Learning Quickly × Developing Solo × Specialist vs Generalist × Funnest Projects × Wes’ BBQ Course
Potluck EP × Vue.js × Headless WP × Typescript & Flow × Productivity × Server Side Rendering × Yeoman
Wes and Scott's Lives - Breakdancing, BBQ, Wives, Work/Life Balance, Problem Solving, YouTube Subscriptions
Snack Pack — CSS Frameworks, React HOC, Render Props, Coding Designers, Early Career Advice and a sound board!
Hosting & Servers — Heroku, Now, Galaxy, Digital Ocean, Linode, Docker, Netlify and more!
Nov 22nd, 2017
Fitness, Nutrition, and Losing Weight👇 Download Show✏️ Edit Show Notes
Wes and Scott talk about their fitness journey and how it relates to being a web developer in terms of energy, focus and mental clarity.
Get Fit with Dev Lifts — Show Sponsor
Dev Lifts - Thad and JC are on a mission to make web developers healthy.
They are currently offering Personal Training and Nutrition Plans for $149 (Regular $249) and with the code Syntax you'll get an extra $50 off. That's only $99 for the next ~95 people!
The Show Notes
- 04:20 - Scott's Fitness Story
- 08:00 - Wes's Fitness Story
- 09:50 - The benefits of fitness and being a web developer. Productivity / Focus / Mental Clarity
- 14:00 - Finding Time to Work Out
- Tweet your work + workout routine to @SyntaxFM
- 17:40 - How to work out / What to do / Routines?
- 24:00 - Learning to code && Learning to Workout
- 25:20 - Significant Other Buy-in
- Fitness Blender
- Starting Strength
- 28:00 - All About Dev Lifts
- Jeff Nippard Youtube
- 34:00 — Nutrition
- 36:00 — Wes' Keto Nutrition Plan
- Dom D'Agostino Keto Interview
- Keto Reddit
- Keto Gains Reddit
- 41:00 - Scott's Nutrition
- 42:00 - Pop or Soda?
- 45:45 - 16 : 8 Intermittent Fasting
- IF Reddit
- 48:30 - Dieting is bad
- Supplements — Don't take our Advice here. Talk to your trainer.
- 50:00 - Wes' Supplements and how Bags of Milk are the best
- BCAA Amino Energy
- Preworkout Coke'd Up
- Cissus Quadrangularis Extract - Genoflex
- Fish Oil
- Vita Jym Multivitamin
- 54:00 - Scott's Supplements
- NOW Adam Superior Men’s Multi
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein
- NOW Psyllium Husk
- BulkSupplements Pure L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1 Powder
- Bulksupplements Pure Caffeine Capsules. Caffeine can be dangerous warning!