Playing: 018: All About CSS Grid
How We Manage Our Lives — Notion, Todos, Notes, Focusing, Calendars, Goal tracking, and more!
Potluck - Changing careers × Repo organization × CSS Grid × Certifications × Freelancing × Spammers × More
Potluck - Where to start with JS × Freelancing × Cron jobs × Split testing × Frameworks in 2019 × More
Potluck - $100/hr × Redux Replacements × Full Stack Designers × JWT × VS Code Tips × More
Potluck - Editor Fonts × Portfolios × Meetup Tips × Switching to Windows × Freelancing Sources
Potluck EP × Remote Work × Headless WordPress × Good Client Questions × Alternate Careers × React API Credentials
Potluck EP × Is Redux Dead × Learning Quickly × Developing Solo × Specialist vs Generalist × Funnest Projects × Wes’ BBQ Course
Potluck EP × Vue.js × Headless WP × Typescript & Flow × Productivity × Server Side Rendering × Yeoman
Wes and Scott's Lives - Breakdancing, BBQ, Wives, Work/Life Balance, Problem Solving, YouTube Subscriptions
Snack Pack — CSS Frameworks, React HOC, Render Props, Coding Designers, Early Career Advice and a sound board!
Hosting & Servers — Heroku, Now, Galaxy, Digital Ocean, Linode, Docker, Netlify and more!
Nov 8th, 2017
All About CSS Grid👇 Download Show✏️ Edit Show Notes
It's a long awaited CSS Grid show! How does it work? When do you use it? What's the difference between Grid and Flexbox?
- Save A Bro is selling absolutely hilarious mustache t-shirts for $18 - all proceeds go to support the fight against prostate cancer. Use the coupon code "syntax" at checkout to get free shipping in the US.
The Show Notes
- Wes Bos AMA where he tricked Scott that Bert Bos was his dad
- CSS Tricks A Complete Guide to Grid
- Rachel Andrew
- Rachel Andrew Twitter
- Rachel's Grid by Example
- Rachel's Grid AMA
- CSS Grid Garden
- The Story of CSS Grid, from Its Creators
- Jen Simmons
- Jen Simmons Twitter
- Jen Simmons Labs
- CSS Grid Pinterest / Masonry Layout Question
- Wes' grid-auto-flow: dense; Experiment
- grid-auto-flow: dense; Docs
- caniuse CSS Grid Support - make sure to click the "Show All" button
- "If someone thinks progressive enhancement means providing a crappy experience for older browsers then they’ve got a lot of reading to do." — Sara Soueidan
- Benjamin De Cock - @bdc dropping tasty CSS Grid treats all day long on twitter.
- CSS Grid Animation #1
- CSS Grid Animation #2
- David K Piano Twitter
- Slide Deck on FLIP
- CSS Grid Template Area ASCII
- Grid repeat()
- Grid minmax()
- CSS Grid nth-row()
- CSS Sub-Grid