Playing: 016: Tasty Treats — Rems VS Ems, Remote Work, Making Money, Getting good at Design + more! 🍬
Potluck - Where to start with JS × Freelancing × Cron jobs × Split testing × Frameworks in 2019 × More
Potluck - $100/hr × Redux Replacements × Full Stack Designers × JWT × VS Code Tips × More
Potluck - Editor Fonts × Portfolios × Meetup Tips × Switching to Windows × Freelancing Sources
Potluck EP × Remote Work × Headless WordPress × Good Client Questions × Alternate Careers × React API Credentials
Potluck EP × Is Redux Dead × Learning Quickly × Developing Solo × Specialist vs Generalist × Funnest Projects × Wes’ BBQ Course
Potluck EP × Vue.js × Headless WP × Typescript & Flow × Productivity × Server Side Rendering × Yeoman
Wes and Scott's Lives - Breakdancing, BBQ, Wives, Work/Life Balance, Problem Solving, YouTube Subscriptions
Snack Pack — CSS Frameworks, React HOC, Render Props, Coding Designers, Early Career Advice and a sound board!
Hosting & Servers — Heroku, Now, Galaxy, Digital Ocean, Linode, Docker, Netlify and more!
Oct 18th, 2017
Tasty Treats — Rems VS Ems, Remote Work, Making Money, Getting good at Design + more! 🍬👇 Download Show✏️ Edit Show Notes
- Q: Rems vs Ems vs Pixels? What do you use?
- Q: What activity, that isn't developer related, benefits you most as a developer?
- Becoming a Supple Leopard
- Q: Is a hot dog a sandwich? 🌭
- Q If Google offered you a job today, would you take it?
- Mike Rowe: Why Entrepreneurs Crave the 'Reverse Commute'
- Q: How did Wes and Scott Meet?
- Q: Where do you find remote work?
- Q: How do you make money?
- Q: Can a back-end dev become a good designer?
- Hero Patterns
- Steve Schoger's Twitter
- Q: Do you ever feel tired?
- Q: What do you think about live streaming?
- Should we do a Syntax live stream?!
- Q: What stack should a new developer use?
- Q: What is your process for deciding on new tools?
- React FAQ - sign up for Tim's newsletter!
- Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Scott: Fivestar Notebook
- Wes: Read about your credit card benefits + perks!